This book is the first English language study of Qian Qianyi - a poet and literary critic during the Ming-Qing dynastic transition. Qian was reputed for his own aesthetic that changed the character of late Ming and early Qing poetry. His name, however, was branded with infamy for his disloyalty to the Ming dynasty when it dissolved. Consequently, his works were censored by the Qing court and have been forgotten by most critics until recently. He also examines the role played by history in early Qing verse, rethinking the nature of loyalism and historical memory in seventeenth-century China.
- Three Girls!
- Lesson Plan Rome Sweet Home: Our Journey to Catholicism by Scott Hahn.
- EALL PhD graduate receives Academia Sinica Scholarly Monograph Award;
- Dr. LIN Hsueh-Yi.
- Minding PQ.
Poetry of the Ming-Qing transition is distinguished by its manifest historical consciousness and the effort and give meaning to current historical events, an effort characterized by the pathos of introspection and mourning for the past.. This pathos translates into what can be called a poetics of Ming loyalism, exemplified and championed by, intriguingly, the later works of Qian Qianyi himself. My own view of Qian Qianyi, an unavoidable figure for anyone who studies the seventeenth century in China, has been altered by this book, and my appreciation of poety as an important kind of source material for historians, also, has been heightened.
I recommend it to anyone interested in the political and literary history of the Ming-Qing era.
Compared to the life Qian Qianyi lived, enjoyed, and achieved, it is a tragedy that he had suffered such posthumous condemnation and prosecution. Yim has put together many significant and under-appreciated sources concerning Qian Qianyi's shishi ideas and the genre of yimin poetry.
Forthcoming in Global Herbs and Technosciences. Frontiers of Chinese History , forthcoming.
- Recommended For You.
- Women Writers from Ming through Qing;
- Routledge‧Academia Sinica on East Asia Series.
- Get PDF The Poet-historian Qian Qianyi (Academia Sinica on East Asia).
- re:Joyce, Volume 1: Exploring the World of Ulysses with Frank Delaney.
- Haemostasis in Cerebrospinal Fluid: Basic Concept of Antifibrinolytic Therapy of Subarachnoid Haemorrhage (Acta Neurochirurgica Supplement).
- Academia Sinica on East Asia: Published in association with Academia Sinica, Taiwan?
- Ghost Brigade: Secrets of the Night (The Ghost Brigade).
- Sustainability: Environmental Sustainability: For Young Readers (Ripple Books: Sustainability Book 3).
- Yoga - For Me and You and the Children Too (Childrens Books for the Whole Family).
- Bibliography in: The Inner Quarters and Beyond.
- The poet-historian Qian Qianyi - PDF Free Download?
Book Review of Lawrence C. Taipei: Rye Field Publishing, Chinese translation of Michael A. Commemoration of War Dead in the Early Qing.
The poet-historian Qian Qianyi
Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Know about stores. Products of this store will be shipped directly from the US to your country. Products of this store will be shipped directly from the UK to your country.
(PDF) Qian Qianyi as a Buddhist in the Ming-Qing Transition | Hsueh-yi Lin - exeltsinpi.tk
Products of this store will be shipped directly from China to your country. Products of this store will be shipped directly from Japan to your country.
Products of this store will be shipped directly from Hong Kong to your country. Shop By Category.
My Orders. Track Orders. Change Language.
Dr. LIN Hsueh-Yi
English Malay. Important Links.
Related The Poet-historian Qian Qianyi (Academia Sinica on East Asia)
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved